Knowledge Center

How do I chamberize my shipping documents?

September 18, 2013

How do I chamberize my shipping documents?

by cdatwood
You are here:

When making shipments to countries the U.S. has trade agreements with, or when the shipment’s consignee requests it, you may need to provide a chamberized Certificate of Origin with your shipping documents. For the Certificate to be valid, it must have a stamp from a U.S. Chamber of Commerce local chapter, certifying that the item being shipped was manufactured in the U.S.

If you need to have a Certificate of Origin chamberized, you can contact your local chamber of commerce, who will sign and stamp the document. Some will provide this service for free, others for a small fee. If shipping regularly, you will need to have an original certificate chamberized for each shipment — the seal cannot be reused or used for multiple air waybills.

Our International Help Desk can also assist you with chamberizing a document, coordinate the process for you and deliver your chamberized document to your office. Just contact the Desk or your local shipping expert, and they can begin the process for you.

Return to Knowledge Center >